Friday, March 16, 2012

The wait is over!

I was a nervous wreck when I got to my appointment after having read numerous posts about women needing surgery to have their IUDs removed. Since my string had disappeared, I thought I was going to be one of those and I was afraid. An ultrasound was done to make sure it was still in place, which it was. It was not fast and easy as many have said because the dr had to find the strings inside my cervix causing some discomfort. Once that happened, the actual removal was a slight bit painful but it lasted for a second or two. And then it was out! It's like all this pressure was released. I was ecstatic! I have experienced some spotting and mild cramping and just tenderness but I am happy it's out and hopeful that my body will slowly go back to normal.

Tomorrow is a new day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment